Friday, May 30, 2008

Groovy Thanks

So the other night, i told my husband (who was surfing the web on the computer in my stamping room) that i could, and would, make a card in 5 minutes. I asked him to time me, then i got to work.

I used an idea i got from this post by one of my favorite bloggers, Stampin' Mama. I don't have the sets she used, but i liked the beautiful simplicity of her design. I must admit that it was kinda fun to make a card without ANY embellishment - not a brad, piece of ribbon, or other nit-picky detail in sight. Just cutting, stamping, and sticking, and only a few colors. Well, that and my new corner rounder which i just couldn't resist breaking in!

I will be honest and say that i don't totally LOVE the result. I do like how clean it looks, and i love the idea of having a finished card in a short time, but if i made this one again i would add...i don't know, but i would add SOMEthing.

Anyway, i stuck down the last layer, jumped up, and yelled "DONE" only to be greeted by a blank stare from the hubbard. I said, "well, did i do it?? did i make it in 5 minutes???!!" to which he replied, "oh, sorry hon, i didn't look at the clock".

Guess next time i'll set a timer.


All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamp sets: Heartfelt Thanks
Cardstock: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Groovy Guava, Chocolate Chip
Tools: Corner Rounder
Adhesive: Tape runner

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Cute card! I love the simplicity - I'm all about simple right now. And, thanks for the good laugh about him forgetting to look at the clock!!!

Claire Lawrence said...

too funny! I like the card. I think the layering makes it look just fine and very sharp!