Monday, June 2, 2008

True Confessions

Sometimes i check my Google Reader at work during my "break" (a term which i use loosely because i'm supposed to use that time to get work done). I really shouldn't be reading blogs during that time, but sometimes i just need a little creative outlet in a day full of tying shoelaces, disciplining, lesson planning, hearing Mrs. ... 57 times per hour, oh, and teaching too.

So, sometime over the last few weeks, on someone's blog in my Reader, probably referring to a SCS color challenge, i saw the combo pumpkin pie, chocolate chip, and purely pomegranate. I scribbled it down on a scrap of paper and tossed it in my bag, not to be discovered again until recently. It's a color combination i have never used and would never have thought of, so when i found that little scrap, it motivated me to give it a try. It's a great color combo - i will definitely be playing with it again!

I started with a cardbase of pumpkin pie and continued from there. I added the background stamp (the dots) almost at the end, because the dots reminded me of the dots around the flower. I must be in the mood for clean, simple, unembellished cards lately, since that seems to be mostly what i'm coming up with! Anyway, here's the end result.


All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamp sets: One of a Kind, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Cardstock: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate, Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Purely Pomegranate
Markers: Pumpkin Pie, Regal Rose
Adhesives: Tape runner
Other: Blender pen

No comments: