Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Chocolate Sky

The design for this card may seem familiar to you if you've been reading my blog for awhile. It's one i go to when i'm stuck for an idea, but somehow it always ends up looking a little different than the last time i used it.


This time i was motivated to use Soft Sky and Chocolate Chip together for some reason. I guess it's because usually if i'm going to use blue with brown, i reach for Bashful Blue. But in a few short months, the 08 In Colors will go away forever, so i wanted to try these together while i can!


I love how soft sky ink looks stamped on soft sky cardstock. It's so elegant, especially when the stamp is Baroque Motifs. I swear, it's almost impossible to make an ugly card with that stamp set. I'm hoping it will be in the next catalog even though it's already been around for a year. Of course, the wood blocks on my set are so beat up, they look like i've had the set for 5 years, not just 1 year!


There is something i don't LOVE about this card, but i can't put my finger on it. I think it has to do with how the ribbon and circle-punched piece came out. If i had some soft sky ribbon, i think that would have been better, but vanilla was the best i could do. Anyway, enough rambling. Here's what i ended up with.





All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
Stamp sets: Baroque Motifs, All Year Cheer I (retired)
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla
Ink Pads: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Tools: 1 1/4" circle punch, 1/16" hole punch, Stampin' sponges
Adhesives: Tape runner, dimensionals
Other: Vintage Brad, Very Vanilla 3/8" grosgrain ribbon

No comments: