Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Happy Momma's Day!

Well, here i am, late to the party as usual. I guess it's only fitting that i'm posting this card two days after Mother's Day, since i haven't...umm...well, see, i haven't actually sent my mom her card yet. I know, terrible.

But fortunately i don't think she reads my blog, at least not regularly, so she will still (i hope) see this card in person rather than here. Which means that i did make her card! In fact, sorry to say, Mom, i made several of your card this year, so i could sell some at the coffee shop and also use it for a club workshop i had last week.

Boy, now i'm really hoping my mom doesn't read my blog! Since now i've said that her card isn't so unique! However, there is a new mommie-to-be i'd like to wish a special Happy (belated) Mother's Day to: my friend-in-the-computer, Char. Consider this your Mother's Day card, too, Char! :)

I tried my hand at a new-to-me technique (which everyone and their mother has already done just ages ago, but like i said, i'm late to the party) called paper piecing. Of course, me being the cutting-hater that i am, i only did it with an image that has nice clean lines and no inverted corners or jaggedy lines. (Unlike the card Claire made us do last week at Diva Night which i also need to post up here. I have actually been doing a lot of stamping lately, just not very much posting.)

I also did more coloring on this card than i usually do...i'm not generally a fan of the coloring, i must say. But i didn't mind it so much on this one. Flower petals are pretty quick to do; just a quick swipe with the brush tip of my Stampin' Up! marker and there ya go.

One more thing...i'm proud to say that although i usually CASE things quite shamelessly, this one is actually my own design. And i used a different color combo (for me), mostly because i really wanted to use Pumpkin Pie but i already had the Pretty in Pink cardstock cut. Boy, i was just breaking out of my molds all over the place with this one, eh??

ANYway, here's the card. Happy belated Mother's Day to all the moms!



Stamp Set: Blooming with Love (thank you, Kristin!)
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery, Whisper White
DSP: Summer Picnic
Ink Pads: Basic Gray, Pumpkin Pie
Markers: Creamy Caramel, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Pale Plum, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie
Tools: Blender Pen, Bone Folder, Ticket Corner Punch, 1/16" hole punch, Paper Snips
Adhesives: Tape runner, Stampin' Dimensionals
Other: 3/8" Bashful Blue grosgrain ribbon

No comments: