Monday, June 29, 2009

Saved my favorite for last!

This was the last card i made on the day when i spent so much time doing emboss resist and brayering ink. It is by far my favorite of the day! I absolutely love how this came out. I can hardly believe i made it! I think it's actually my favorite creation in, probably months.

I wanted to use those two techniques again (since i am completely hooked!) but i wanted to try a different color scheme and a different kind of set. So i dug around in my drawer and pulled out the set called Fresh Cuts, which i haven't used in awhile. Well, it is perfect for this technique.

I inked up the image first in Versamark, then in Basic Black. I then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next, i brayered on the three shades of blue. The black just pops up against that blue, doesn't it?! I love it. I thought it could use one more color for contrast, so i added the yellow layer. I'm still not sure that gray was the perfect choice for the card base...perhaps i should have used one of the blue shades instead.

Anyway, here's the card:

All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise indicated.
To place an order, contact me directly OR go to http://melissav.stampinup.net and click the "order now" button.

Set: Fresh Cuts
Cardstock: Going Gray, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Ink: VersaMark, Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Brilliant Blue, Night of Navy
Tools: Heat Tool, Embossing Buddy, Bone folder, Craft & Paper Scissors, Brayer, Stampin' sponge
Adhesive: SNAIL, dimensionals
Other: Clear Embossing Powder, Tempting Turquoise 1/4" grosgrain

No comments: