Saturday, February 27, 2010

You had to be a Big Shot, did ya?

Oh my gosh, are you ready for this?? I am SO excited because today i learned an amazingly easy yet awe-inspiring technique to use with my already-much-loved Big Shot. I've seen some cards with this done, but had no idea how these people were doing it. Well, thanks to Splitcoast, i now know, and i think i'll be using this technique a LOT. Check it out:


This card was so easy it's almost funny. I ran a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock through my Big Shot with a Texturz plate. I already love these plates, but sometimes i want the embossed image to be more obvious. I thought there was some complicated way to achieve this...but all you do is flip the cardstock over (to the side with indents rather than bumps) and run your brayer over it with a darker ink! And out pops whatever image was embossed, showing up as whatever color cardstock you used! So you end up with this amazing looking card, when really it was one of the easiest things you'll ever make.

I added a layer underneath, chose Dusty Durango for the card base (apparently Ruby Red + Crushed Curry = Dusty Durango - who knew?!), added the ribbon, and turned it into a love or wedding card by adding one of the sentiments from the Baroque Motifs set. And there you go!


All supplies from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

Stamp set: Baroque Motifs
Cardstock: Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry
Ink: Dusty Durango, Ruby Red
Tools: Bone folder, Brayer, Big Shot, Eyelet Texturz plate, Large Oval punch
Adhesive: Snail, Dimensionals
Other: Dusty Durango grosgrain ribbon

No comments: